Another wonderful part of my experience for my glamorous fashion gala evening, was getting my makeup done by one of my best friends, Achelle Dunaway, creative director, e.l.f. Cosmetics. e.l.f. is an incredible makeup brand that offers affordable and high quality products! I absolutely love getting my cosmetics at e.l.f… and I never leave the store spending more than $30, but always have SO many goodies in hand. Their products are incredible! See my entire makeup look below and click on each hotspot to see the products used.
1. You always want to start on fresh clean skin as your starting canvas.
2. Follow by using the Dior Foundation for even skin tone and blend all over the face and neck. You can use a foundation brush, your hand or a sponge. I’m using the e.l.f. Studio Small Stipple Brush ($3).
3. You can use the e.l.f. Studio HD Lifting Concealer ($3) in Brightening to brighten under the eyes and conceal any imperfections if needed. You can blend in an upside down triangle to really lift under the eyes and create that illuminated look.
4. To set everything in use the e.l.f. Studio HD Powder ($6). This is perfect to mattify the skin and give a soft focus look.
5. Contour the face with the e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in Fiji Matte ($3) to create a soft glow and definition to the face. I’m using the e.l.f. Studio Small Tapered Brush ($3).
6. To create a bit of highlight use the e.l.f. Studio Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearls ($3)on the high cheekbones.
7. I also love structured brows, I think they frame the eyes and just accentuate the facial features to perfection! Fill in any sparse areas with the e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit ($3) using the e.l.f. Studio Small Angled Brush ($3) and e.l.f. Essential Eyelash & Brow Wand ($1)to shape.
8. So now that your face is looking fab, it’s on to the eyes! Begin with the e.l.f. Essential Eyelid Primer ($2) as your base, this helps keep the eye color lasting longer.
9. Then taking the e.l.f. Studio Prism Naked Palette ($10) use the 3rd color as your base. Spray a little of the e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set ($3) to intensify the color and lock on the shadow and blend all over the lid up into the brow bone and down below the bottom lash line a bit.
10. Now to add some dimension apply a mid-tone shade in the crease (that hollow part of the eye) from the outer corner to about the iris of the eye, I like using matte shades to add some different texture. I’m using the lid color from the e.l.f. Essential Flawless Eyeshadow in Beautiful Browns ($2), and then add the line color for additional tonal definition to the pupil of the eye. I’m using the e.l.f. Studio Crease Brush ($3).
11. To add that smoky effect take the e.l.f. Essential Eye Crease Brush ($1) and apply the line color from the e.l.f. Flawless Eyeshadow in Tantalizing Taupe ($2) to the outer corner of the eye up into the crease and slightly below the lash line on the outer corner. Spray the brush with the e.l.f. Studio Mist & Set to really intensify the color.
12. Add a bit of glow on the inner corner of the eye by patting on the second color from the e.l.f. Studio Prism Naked Palette and the Baked Highlighter under the eyebrow.
13. Now it’s time to create that bold eyeliner! Use the e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner in Black ($3) with the e.l.f. Studio Small Smudge Brush ($3) and create a line from the outer lower lash line up. Then line the entire upper lash line. Now connect the outer lash line to about the Iris line so it’s straight. Also smudge some on your waterline for a bold effect.
14. Now coat lashes with the Falsies Maybelline Mascara.
15. Next for my favorite, the e.l.f. Studio Everyday Lashes ($4), simply size to your eye and apply for a va va voom look!
16. You can go back over the false lashes with your Cream Eyeliner to blend in the lashes.
17. Utilizing the e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color ($3), apply one thin layer to the lips. Blot. Then apply one final layer to the lips for a perfect voluminous lip color.
17. And there you go! Now you are all glamafied for going out.