Two words..Chocolate. Strawberries. Who doesn’t love them? Throw in some quinoa + you have an amazing healthy dessert that is drool worthy. These chocolate quinoa stuffed strawberries are sweet, savory, and filled with fiber + protein.
1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1) In a small pot bring one cup of water to a boil. Once the water is bubbling, pour in the quinoa.
2) Reduce quinoa to simmer and cover for 15 minutes [I prefer red quinoa]
3) As the quinoa is cooking, start to cut the green tops off the strawberries [after washing of course!]
4) Next, start to core the strawberries with a small pairing knife. Set aside.
5) Mash banana in a bowl.
6) Add the maple syrup, cocoa powder, + cinnamon to the mashed bananas and mix well.
7) Finally, add the cooked quinoa to the mixture.
8) Scoop out the mixture into the center of the strawberries + voilà!